“Oh, greenly and fair in the lands of the sun, / The vines of the gourd and the rich melon run, / And the rock and the tree and the cottage enfold, / With broad leaves all greenness and blossoms all gold.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
It’s the end of October and I’m so happy it’s here! This was one of my very favorite Octobers ever– so it’s not that I wanted to get it over with. But it was just such a good month that I’m totally at peace with it ending. Unlike some busy months, I didn’t feel like this one slipped away from me. It was a long, fun, and memorable month and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus, I am just so excited for November, all the holidays, and shopping a ton, so saying goodbye to October isn’t too hard. It’s an easy and happy chapter of the year to close.
Here’s my take on my October 2017 to-do list:
- House clean my blog – Didn’t finish, but made progress!
- Finish my baby tutu – Done and it was SUCH a fun project. Frivolous but super fun.
- Read “The Beautiful and the Damned” by F. Scott Fitzgerald – Still working on it; not quite done.
- Complete my baby diary – OMGEE I DID THIS. After months of saying I’d catch up–I finally did!!
- Buy some clearance fall decor – I didn’t buy autumny “fall” decor, but we did get some fun halloween stuff.
- Sign up for a class or study phone photography tips – I might make a post reviewing the course I did!
- Spend Halloween with my family – Needless to say this our best Halloween yet (after 3 missed Halloweens, our very first spent together married!
There is a lot we did this month that was not mentioned above–with my favorites being all the usual fall-welcoming suspects: chilly walks, coffee, decorating, fall shopping, seasonal cleaning, baby nesting, (<–that’s a usual part of fall for me), cooking soup, lighting candles, etc. And while I’m not a fan of the cold, I can’t deny that it has added to the ambience of the month, and really helped welcome fall in. Plus, who can say no to extra coffee and cozy sweaters? Not me!
This month’s round-up had a small to-do list, but I feel really accomplished! Even though some of these were easy, nothing feels THAT easy when you’re in the final weeks of pregnancy! I’m glad I made a shorter list because it kept me from feeling overwhelmed, or like I was setting myself up for failure. I think the last time I got everything done on my to-do list was in January of this year, although my April list was also almost completed too! I might stick with this “lighter” listing over the next few months, as things pick up speed with the holidays and a new baby. Or maybe I’ll totally overcommit next post when I come up with my November to-do list. 🙂 Come back soon to see!
Thanks for stopping by! And happy Halloween!