“eighth month commences / august as in grandiose- / resigned to the heat.” – Laurie Kaz
I am SO happy August is here. It is one of my favorite months, and I really think that this year it will reign as a favorite. I’ve got my usual list of “to-do’s” compiled–which feels but exciting but longer than usual. I’m just really looking forward to August 2017, and have high hopes for it. Hopes that include:
- Enjoy two visits from my relatives. My dad is visiting, as are three of my sisters! YAY.
- Celebrate my husband’s graduation. I’m so proud of him and can’t wait to celebrate with him!
- Make an exercise routine. Walking and pilates are my two favorite, but I need a consistent mix of them.
- Get my toddler back into a consistent nap and night routine. We’ve made progress and regressed. lol
- Update my wardrobe/jewelry collection. Not necessarily shopping, more like weeding thru what I own!
- Catch up on my baby diary. I wasn’t going to add this, but now that I’m making progress I want to finish!
- Expand/develop one blog category. Even if that just means contributing a few posts to it.
- Write a guest post. I’ve done this before, and would like to do it again!
- Scrapbook. I love scrapbooking and want to do some this month!
- Make a crib mobile for my baby. I’m needle felting little bunnies for it right now.
- Get an editing program for images. Just something small, to get me started!
- Find a skin-clearing secret formula. Maybe no such thing exists? I have hope…
- Clear the basement boxes out. Something that should have been done a few bats ago…
I could add some more but I should probably start there before I get carried away! I guess my love for August has just created some pretty high expectations. But maybe there is nothing wrong with that? I can tell that I’m not really seeing this month as the beginning of autumn, the way I usually do. Maybe it’s just the South and all this heat? Or maybe it’s because my baby is due in the LATE fall? But I can’t help but feel this August is going to just feel like an extension of summer. I guess that’s not a bad thing though…is there such a thing as too much summer?!
Oh, but before I forget (AGAIN), I need to make one last goal. Back in January, I established a plan to choose a virtue/skill/strength and try to embrace it during the month at hand. In a few of these monthly check-ins, I forgot to do it formally. But I almost always have some kind of emotional/mental goal running through my mind and making an appearance in my month. For August 2017, I want to focus on being present. I have a LOT coming up in the future: more Army school, my second baby being born, and a second move within a 12 month period, just to name a few. I don’t want to live in anxiety or in the future, because I have everything I need right here, right now, in front of me. I’m so blest and I want to savor that grace and be grateful for it!
And now I feel like I can sign off. I have a long August in front of me! lol And I’m so happy about that. If you are a list-maker, please share some of your own August 2017 to-do’s in the comment section. I would love to hear your plans! Thanks for reading and I hope you’ll come back soon.