“The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
Happy July! I am looking forward to this month for a number of reasons. As you might know, I like to write up a list of what I’m looking forward to. Some of them are surprises, but here are a few main ones:
- Edit my book. I’m putting this one first because, you guys, IT IS HAPPENING. THIS MONTH.
- Read a book. Speaking of books, nothing helps writing/editing like reading does.
- Have a family picnic. We love these, and what better month for one than July?
- Finish my crochet project. It’s a winter headband-but I’ll be glad to have it in a few months.
- Teach my baby to sleep through the night. She is a good sleeper, so I know we can do it!
- Use Google Analytics. I installed the plug-in, but I need to get my account going.
- Start a new phone plan. Cringeworthy: my phone is two years older than my car. CRINGE.
- Watch Season Three of Liv and Maddie. Disney doesn’t have age limits. Neither do I.
- Bake a Funfetti cake. See above.
- Try three new recipes. Speaking of food, I want to try a new protein recipe, vegetable recipe, and a new grain recipe. <–funfetti cake doesn’t count as the grain recipe.
I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my hopes and dreams for this month. It always helps me get excited for the month to see a list of what I’m looking forward to (or what I need to make sure I do). I’m pretty sure there’s a saying about how the first step to doing something is telling someone you’re going to do it. I certainly think that telling someone can be a motivator or at least a form of accountability (unless you’re trying to edit a book, haha). Here’s to accomplishing all 10 things (plus some surprises)! Thanks so much for stopping by. What are your plans for July?