“On cold December fragrant chaplets blow, / And heavy harvests nod beneath the snow.” — Alexander Pope
I’m so glad it is December.
This is absolutely one of my very favorite months ever. And the fact that this is my baby’s first Christmas…well, this month is more than welcome around here! As I said in my last post, I like writing to-do lists. But I like writing realistic ones. Or at least ones that give me a breather some months. Last month, my to-do list was pretty soft. But I knew I had a baby on the way and didn’t want to overcommit. (<–Or let’s be real…I wouldn’t have gotten anything done anyway, but I would have had guilt along with it!) Anyway, I’m looking at another soft month ahead, and I’m totally excited about that! Here we go, December 2017:
- Celebrate my baby’s baptism. I’m about halfway done with her gown. I can’t wait for her special day!!
- Make 4 new recipes. Currently thinking: rigatoni, crab pot pie, and sloppy joe’s…I still need one more.
- Continue to toddler-proof the house. It’s part of my grand plan for a cleaner house with less cleaning. ha!
- Play some Christmas music on the piano. “Sleigh Ride” is a real favorite of mine.
- Read “A Christmas Carol” by Dickens. Because it’s Christmastime.
- Bake Christmas cookies. See above.
- Finish my two knitting projects. I’m making a turban and a stocking for my baby! Shhh…it’s a surprise!
- Mail out Christmas cards! Because stationary and photos are so much fun. And I kind of need to.
- Wrap presents. And there are a lot of them. Good thing I love wrapping paper parties!
- Spend my very favorite holiday with my very favorite people. I LOVE Christmas!
And that’s pretty much it! So, not a lot of hardcore “t0-doing.” But that’s because I know myself too well. haha Because when it comes down to it, all I really want to be doing in December is spending time at home: cooking, knitting, crafting, drinking coffee (and shopping online). So here’s to a restful December 2017! What are your plans?