I was going to say that this November 2017 was my most eventful month of the year. But then I thought through the rest of the year and realized a lot happened in 2017: Army OCS graduation in February, moving in April, finding out in July we are moving again, another graduation in August, my daughter turning two in September, and then of course this month. Those were all big and fairly life-effecting events. But November 2017 still takes the cake. Because my baby arrived healthy and safe and perfect. And that’s a life-changing event! And my favorite kind of event.
But, in keeping with the tradition of these round-ups, let me review my to-do list to see how much I actually got done from it:
Develop a fixed blogging schedule.hahhahahahhaha. This month doesn’t count for having one. Next month.
- Knit a Christmas stocking for my baby. I’m at least halfway there!
Write a bit in my novel.This one kinda makes me sad. I wish I had gotten some done. Even just a bit!!
- Nest. I full-throttled nested! And still am.
- Get back into pilates. It’s still modified as I have to heal my diastasis recti, but it’s going great.
- Take a ton of photos. I’m not even done. But yes I took lots of photos.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving. Baby’s First Thanksgiving!
- Black Friday. With “black friday deals week” I didn’t actually have to shop on ACTUAL black friday.
Quite a few of those were softball assignments, but I did that on purpose. I like having a breathable to-do list when I have something big and life-changing and emotionally impactful coming up– in my case, having a baby. And just as a warning for next post, I’m pretty sure my December to-do list will be even MORE softball. But I don’t mind ending my year quietly–it only makes for an even bigger January!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll come back soon. Not just for my December to-do list, but for a few posts I have in the works– specifically a gift-giving guide for your soldier, as well as my November ipsy unboxing, to name a few. Thanks as always for your support; I really enjoy writing for you, and I really hope you enjoy reading!
Bye-bye, November 2017!! You were good to me. In fact, you were my favorite month this year.