“November always seemed to me the Norway of the year.” – Emily Dickinson
It’s officially November 2017 (and a day!) And I’m just so thrilled. I feel like November is the kickstart of winter (maybe because I live in the south, so fall isn’t super cold around here?) I don’t know, it just feels so wintery once November hits. The clocks change, the weather dips, I shop a ton, and of course holidays galore start happening. <–dying of excitement. But before I get carried away with what I want to do, let me put it in list form!
- Develop a fixed blogging schedule. I like schedules and think this could be beneficial around here.
- Knit a Christmas stocking for my baby. I have made one for each member of our family, and it’s her turn!
- Write a bit in my novel. I know this November is going to be busy, but I don’t want to leave my book behind.
- Nest. Because what other activity is there really to do with a newborn??
- Get back into pilates. It’s okay that pregnancy made me take a break, but postpartum pilates will be great.
- Take a ton of photos. Mostly photoshoots of our daughters, but also some family holiday pictures!
- Celebrate Thanksgiving. I just love the holidays and Thanksgiving gives me warm and happy feelings.
- Black Friday. ‘Nuff said.
I’m keeping this list a bit smaller, like I said in my last post. I know that life with a baby will take our days into a nice, slow routine and I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself to get things done. I mean, I like to have expectations for myself. But I also like to be realistic. ha! I know myself and I know that the winter is all about slowing down and enjoying little things like baking and online shopping. And every day with a newborn is slow and full of those “moments” you want to remember forever. I’m just feeling really grateful for how lovely this fall has been, and I feel so sure that this winter is going to be even more special. I’m a true homebody at heart and every day with my family is something I treasure forever.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I would love to know your November 2017 plans. Leave a comment below about them, and I hope you’ll come back soon!