“That August time it was delight / To watch the red moons wane to white.” — Algernon Charles Swinburne
I loved August 2017! This month was such a bright, beautiful, breath of fresh air. I finally reached my third trimester, and hit a “turning point” in my pregnancy. I mean, it has been a good pregnancy. But there is something about being 30 weeks today and realizing that within 10 weeks I could have my baby in my arms! My husband also graduated from his Army school and that was a big accomplishment, as well as a great move for our family. It’s bringing our future assignment closer into view and we’re excited about that. Plus, we had some unseasonably “cold” weather (meaning not 100* F) and for a moment or two I felt that “windy blow” of fall approaching. It was a magical few moments, and is getting me incredibly excited about the cozy fall!!!!
But oh my goodness, I’m totally getting ahead of myself. Here’s my list of to-do’s from my original August 2017 post:
- Enjoy two visits from my relatives. So much FUN with my sisters and dad.
- Celebrate my husband’s graduation. I’m beaming with pride and joy! It was such a great day.
- Make an exercise routine. I’ve been doing afternoon pilates and evening walks. And loving it!
- Get my toddler back into a consistent nap and night routine. She sleeps a good 12 hours a day now.
- Update my wardrobe/jewelry collection. Did this a bit, but will finish it once I’m not pregnant. lol
- Catch up on my baby diary. I made a lot of progress this month!
- Expand/develop one blog category. My Mama category is my current target. Read my latest post.
Write a guest post.
- Scrapbook. I love scrapbooking and have almost completed our book!
- Make a crib mobile for my baby. I’m needle felting little bunnies for it, and thinking of adding hearts.
Get an editing program for images.
- Find a skin-clearing secret formula. This toner right here. Miracle worker for smoothing the face.
- Clear the basement boxes out. I’m counting this as something I did because we are doing it this weekend!
I’m actually surprised that I got most of these done. It was kinda a long list for me, and I didn’t think I’d be able to get quite so many done. But I guess that’s what the elusive “burst of pregnancy energy” is all about! lol
I already “recapped” my month at the beginning of this post, but I can’t sign out of August without bringing up a very heavy topic. LWYMMD. Words? There are none. I actually really like it. I thought I would love it. Then I heard it and was pleased. I listened to it two more times and began to dislike it. Then the VMAs happened and I have a whole new appreciation for it. Now I’m a total fan of the song. Probably because I am a tried-and-true Swiftie. Anyone else?
Okay, I’m done. haha Thanks for sticking around and reading about my August 2017 (and letting me ramble). I hope you’ll come back soon. My next post will be my goals for September…see you then!