I never like starting a post out with something cliche– but how is it already June?? It feels like just yesterday in April my life was getting turned upside down the moving, pregnancy, and life in general. But it’s June. So I can’t even act like everything is still out of control. Luckily, it’s not, really. In fact, I’m hitting that second-trimester-stride of feeling great and being able to actually accomplish goals. With that in mind, here’s my to-do list for this month:
- Read my baby two books a day. Two books always turns into two hundred, but at least this is a good start.
- Write for 1 hour every day. Preferably, in the form of authoring my novel, but blogging or diary time counts.
- Drive to 1 new location. I realized that my fear/hate of driving sometimes holds me back and I want to fix it.
- Catch up on my baby diary. I fell a bit behind and desperately need to catch up!
- Enjoy a visit with my sister. I LOVE hosting my sisters and I can’t wait for our visit this month.
- Take a few important photos for my blog. At this point, I like a mix of stock photos and personal ones.
- Finish reading my current book. I’m reading a collection of short stories by Louisa May Alcott.
- Begin daytime weaning. Not an easy step for us, but I think something we need to try.
- Set up bird feeders. I’d like a full station, but even a few sprinkled around would be nice.
- Celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary. <3 <3 <3
- Find out my baby’s gender!! Pretty much dying of excitement and curiosity. I’m predicting….GIRL.
At the beginning of the year, I decided that I wanted to also make a focus keyword for each month. This month, I want my theme to be “go get ’em.” I feel like the exhaustion from moving, combined with first trimester sickness, kept me from doing a variety of things. When I’m pregnant I feel like I’m training for a marathon (I kind of am) and it takes over a lot of my motivation, perspective, and energy. But, I want to focus on doing things I would “normally” attempt if I’m not pregnant (obviously while staying safe!) –things like driving, writing, socializing, and exploring around our town. I think I can do it, even if it’s just baby steps. Writing lists helps me, both monthly and daily ones, so I will try to keep that up too.
I think June is going to be a great month. In fact, I KNOW it will be because its our anniversary month. And as a hopeless romantic, I love, love love celebrating our marriage–not just on our wedding–but every day! I can’t wait to see what June holds for us. Do you have any plans? Leave a comment below sharing your June to-do list! And come back soon for an Army-wife post. Thanks for stopping by!