“The sun was warm but the wind was chill. / You know how it is with an April day. / When the sun is out and the wind is still.” — Robert Frost
I really feel like I should be calling this my moving post. This is my monthly to-do list, but so much of it basically feels like a PCS-ing check-list. It kind of is. But, I do plan on making a *separate* post about moving–one that may involve a to-do list very similar to this one. For now, this will remain my April to-do list, heavily influenced by our impending move (impending as in: I spent the evening packing and have been cooking with anything I can find in the pantry).
- Move. So much easier said, than done. So. Much. Easier.
- Purge my vanity of old or hated items. Preferably before the move.
- Separate likes and dislikes when unpacking–don’t just put stuff away. Like last time. 🙂
- Check back on my pinterest boards and decorate according to vision, not convenience. irl.
- Come up with the ultimate bug-prevention plan. And implement it the same day.
- Create a storage room, and use it! Our current apartment IS our home and storage combo.
- Mail change-of-address cards. Really excited about these!
- Try not to be too sad about moving, but take some memorable pics. Not gonna be able to handle it.
- Give myself a little time for blogging/writing! It will be tough, but I want to make some time for it.
- Celebrate Easter in our new home. Our first holiday there! <3
There are some unwritten to-do’s that I have circling in my mind (doesn’t everyone?) But I don’t like overloading my to-do list because that is one way to guarantee I won’t get anything done! When I was a kid, I used to write non-negotiables on my to-do list, like waking up or eating lunch, just to give myself things to check off! ha My tactics haven’t improved much. But we will see what I get done and hopefully I can do a little better than last time!
What are your plans for April? And for anyone interested in a lil #tbt, you can read my first-ever monthly post here. It’s been one year since I started these, and they have become my favorite posts to write! Thanks for stopping by!!