“Loveliest of trees, the cherry now / Is hung with bloom along the bough.” – A. E. Houseman
A new month and one that is already teeming with aspirations and plans! I secretly like that. Even though I’m definitely someone who enjoys quiet days and peaceful routines, I really welcome business and tend to do better when I’m multitasking. Anyone else like that? This post is my to-do list of hopes/dreams/expectations/self-challenges…etc for March 2017. I do one of these every month, in case you are new here. (Welcome!) And so, here it goes:
- Organize my makeup and lotion collection. I have SO much that needs to go.
- Stop wasting time on IG/random google searches. “I keep up with the K’s,” but need more writing time.
- Make it to chapter 5 in my novel. See above. Last month’s challenge was a bit ambitious.
- Write a guest post on a military wife blog. It’s time to get that done!
- Make macaroons. I have wanted to do this forever. Strawberry lemon? Yum.
- Enjoy a week of sister-vacay. I absolutely love spending vacation time with my sisters.
- Find a new piano book to play through. I’m thinking romantic era, or classical.
- Get a little more done with my Google Analytics account. Always struggling with this one!
- Spend one week doing something “in French” every day. I’m planning the 3rd week of this month.
- Finish season 4 of Secret Life of the American Teenager. It has to be done.
This entire month will fall during Lent (I’m Catholic) and so I am also planning to do a Lenten almsgiving activity. Since Lent is 40 days long, I want to donate 40 items, whether it be clothing, shoes, household, etc. At the end of each week I will set aside 6 items, and then once I’ve collected all 40, I will donate them to our community charity center. Not only am I hoping to help others with my donation, but I’m hoping to improve myself with this plan. I tend to be super sentimental and am naturally a “saver” so this will be hard for me. So I’m hoping this program will help me grow in that aspect!
Also, every month I have been trying to do a “focus” word of the month. For this month, I want it to be honesty. I think if I “honestly” assessed each time I get on the internet, I would spend less time scrolling and more time writing. And if I honestly assess my time management, I will have more time for playing piano and baking…etc. I think honesty is a great virtue and I hope it plats a big part in my March 2017!
What are your plans for the month? Once again, thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you next post, for another Army Basic Training letter-writing topic!