“Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” – Pietro Aretino
I’m going to break some expectations here and omit beginning this with”Wow, February flew by!” Instead I’m going to say that this February felt longer than I thought it would. It was by far my favorite month this year (I know, there’s only been two of them). But it also ended up being my favorite month in a while. Not that the other recent months haven’t been great. But this was particularly great because it was our Army Homecoming month! In case you noticed a gap of time during which I wasn’t posting, it was because we were doing family traveling, Army school graduation, etc. Very fun times, and I know this month will remain the highlight of the year! Amidst all the celebrating, I might or might not have gotten my to-do list accomplished:
- Write my baby’s birth story. I started it, but didn’t finish it.
- Take a family trip. Hello, Columbus GA and Phenix City AL (mostly Columbus. Mostly Ft. Benning).
- Make a bundt cake. I made a Pumpkin Custard Bundt cake where the custard FLOATS to the top. Mostly.
Publish twice a week here on my blog.Was going strong until Homecoming rolled around…oops. Begin Chapter 7 of my book.Nope, I’m on chapter 3.
- Learn how to curl my hair with a flat iron. Tried it but didn’t work for me. Hot rollers saved the day!
- Take my baby to the park more often. The field across from us, and the sand pit are even more fun!
Write another guest post.It’s hard to pull together a guest post when I’m not even doing regular posting here!
At least I got done more than half, but this month’s to-do list wasn’t nearly as successful as last month’s round-up. Oh well, there’s always March! Thanks for stopping by, and tune in next time for another Army myth-busting post.