“But there is always a November space after the leaves have fallen when she felt it was almost indecent to intrude on the woods.” — L.M. Montgomery
I can’t believe it’s already November 2016…but that’s a good thing. I feel like it was February last month! It’s closer to being next February than this past February! I don’t mind that the months are rushing by, because it means I’m enjoying them, and it also means we’re that much closer to Christmas. Best day ever. Before this turns into a Christmas post, let me pull in my own reins and focus on November 2016. As usual, I drew up a list of hopefuls that I have (almost) every intention of completing. This list may look familiar, as a third of it is last month’s to-do list (the things I didn’t do on it):
- Visit the local library with my baby. She is already well on her way to becoming a bookworm!
- Make my house ready for holiday guests. Just a few more touches of decoration and organization.
- Learn how to make pot pie. I’ll probably start vegetarian so I can perfect it, and then add meats.
- Rework some of my Google Ads. They are pretty much in place, but I could make some adjustments!
- Finish the first half of my knitting project. I’m working on the back of a baby sweater.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving! Any holiday is a good excuse to make memories.
- Start reading a new book. Either a romance novel or a classic fiction.
- Make an autumn wreath for our front door. I’m thinking fake leaves. haha
- Begin Christmas shopping–EARLY. Last year, shipping time and costs were my enemies.
- Get half-way through my baby diary. Even just writing her birth story would be a big step.
- Finish proofreading and send the last few chapters to my junior editor. Time to start!
- Enroll in a class online. Probably the Aromatherapy class I started a while ago, or a new one.
- Finish watching One Tree Hill. I’ll definitely do this one– now I’m on the last season!
- Begin using Amazon Associates. Just need to do this already!
There are a few more things I want to do, that don’t really need to make it on the list, because they are abstracts for daily life. Ever since my car accident, driving has been a very scary reality for me–but I should clear my head when I drive, and continue to improve in my confidence and trust. I also want to think more creatively–whether that’s in my music or in my writing–I want to experience passion again when I play and write. I need to reminisce more on happy memories, letting my mind wander into nostalgia and relaxing in its comfort. As it gets colder, and we cozy down more, I want to model my apartment after those den-like feelings: fires in the hearth, cozy music, folded blankets on the couch arms, and a lot of flameless candles.
As the month stretches out, more things mentally make it onto my list. I’m looking forward to finding out what those are! What made it on your list for November 2016? Leave a comment below. As always, thanks for stopping by!