“That August time it was delight / To watch the red moons wane to white.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
It’s so hard to imagine that August is over–but it doesn’t take any imagination. It really is almost over! August is one of my very favorite months (I know I make it sound like every month is my favorite, but really…August is so wonderful). Like every end-of-the-month, here are the results from my monthly to-do list:
- Update my shoe collection. I repaired some cuties that needed a touch-up. But not quite done yet.
- Catch up on my baby diary. Not caught up, but I’ve mapped out my plan of execution. Kinda counts!
Write a Guest Post.
- Write down 8 recipes. It’s nice to have them in my recipe box and not just floating in my head.
- Try 4 new recipes. I tried: fish tacos, barbacoa chicken, granola bars, and bread pudding…3 of 4 wins!
Start reading another book.
- Don’t stop editing my book. Slow-going, but its happening. Somewhat. See #2.
- Launch my new post series. Army Basic Training Letters! See my first post here.
Connect my blog to Google.I tried but it hasn’t been working.
- Go on a family picnic. It was so fun, one turned into another, and now its a weekly thing!
This August was filled with outdoor bliss–forest hikes, dog walks, swimming, and picnics. One highlight of the month was a surprise visit from my sisters. We had so much fun with manicures, cooking, and shopping that the hours literally flew by and before I knew it they had to leave. I miss them so much. August had some milestones for my baby too, who began standing on her own and grew four teeth in just one month! We celebrated Sammy’s 6th birthday and started working on Benny’s leash-walking skills, so I guess this month had some important moments for our furbabies too! But the biggest milestone of the month: swapping regular milk for coconut milk has been a frappuccino life-changing experience. Only kind of kidding.
August truly is one of my favorite months of the year, and this month was one of the best of 2016! It was a month filled with so many memory-making moments. Amid all the family fun, we have been looking forward to moving and are enjoying planning for it. Knowing that we will be moving soon is making me extra nostalgic about the time we have spent here growing our family. But we get to take the memories with us, wherever we go! And based on our plans–where we are going in the future is looking very bright. It’s getting me really excited for September!