I’m so excited today to post about my second nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m always so surprised and happy when someone chooses my blog for an award nomination…and the fact that I got nominated a second time just makes me feel so honored!! The “rules” for the Sunshine Blogger Award are very much like other blog awards: thank the person who nominated you, answer the questions they asked, choose a few other blogs to nominate, and ask a list of your own questions. Since I was nominated twice, I wanted to post about it twice– because the questions each nominator asked are different!
The blogger who nominated me is Kelli from her blog: Kelifornia79. My favorite thing about her blog is her subscription box reviews– she has so many to read and I just love seeing what comes with each different subscription! She also reviews products individually, as well as collections. Her blog is really worth checking out–I highly recommend it!
Here are my answers to Kelli’s questions:
- How long have you been blogging? Since December of 2014…basically 6 months.
- Who inspires you? My husband. He’s my inspiration for everything–literally everything.
- What is your longest running, tried and true beauty item? My Maybelline Define-a-Line eyeliner in the color ebony. Creamy, long-lasting, and beautiful. My BFF in makeup form. Total addiction. I’ve been using it for about 7 years. And now I feel old.
- Where is ‘your happy place’? My apartment. Home is home for a reason!
- Currently binge watching Netflix? What’s your Favorite TV show? Define “binge watching” hehe. Yes, I am currently watching Young & Hungry. Favorite TV show = Friends. Duh.
- What [who] was your first band/show/concert? I saw the Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela perform at the Kennedy Center, conducted by none other than Gustavo Dudamel HIMSELF. (Click here to watch their performance of Leonard Bernstein’s Mambo…You NEED that musical clip in your life. Observe how Dudamel isn’t using a score. That = normal for him. Crazy!!) And now I have fully revealed what an orch dork I am. No regrets.
- What is your most used makeup/beauty brand? I would have to say Maybelline for beauty and Burt’s Bees for skincare.
- Who are your pets? My two fur babies are labrador retrievers. Samson is my five-year-old yellow lab and Benson is my two-year-old black lab. You can read their adoption story here.
- What is your favorite online shopping destination? Amazon!
- Where is or where would you like your next vacation destination to be? I’m going to the beach this month for our anniversary, and I’m super excited for that!
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please check out their links below!
All Things Nzuri– A fashion and beauty blog with lifestyle inspirations
Living Disrobed– A blog dedicated to celebrating beauty and fashion
Neat Habitat– A blog full of daily lifestyle inspiration
Product Junkie Rach– A blog featuring all things beauty- reviews, looks, and hauls
Hey Beauty Bae– A beauty blog offering makeup and skin care inspiration
My Crazy Ash Life– A blog sharing beauty, inspiration, and discount codes you can’t miss
The questions I have for you are:
- If you could recommend one product to your readers, what would it be?
- What was the last item you “splurge-bought” for yourself?
- Who inspires you?
- What do you like to do to be the “sunshine” in the lives of those around you?
- Who is your favorite Youtuber and why?
- Did some particular “moment” inspire you to start your blog?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- How long have you known your best friend?
- What is your current go-to song?
- What is something about yourself that makes you unique?
As always, thank you so much for reading. And again, a big thank you to Kelli for nominating me! I hope you visit her blog, as well as the blogs of those I nominated. Stay tuned for my next post– my first subscription box *EVER* unboxing!