“March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers” — English Proverb
This has been an amazing month! It totally lived up to it’s expectations. Maybe that’s because it’s my birthday month and so I always have a lot of fun during it. Or maybe I’m just feeling good about it because since May is almost over, my no-makeup-purchasing challenge is almost over too!! *let’s be honest* Can’t wait for that.
At the beginning of the month, I always compile a list of what I’m looking forward to. It helps motivate me and also just gets me excited for the future. This is what I had going for May:
- Learn how to make salsa and guacamole from my friend. She taught me and wow she has some good recipes! I already made guacamole twice after the teaching session.
- Teach my baby how to sit up on her own. She can do it now…As well as crawl and sit on her side and laugh and babble and basically just be an amazing little doll!
Begin editing my book.Hehe…oops. Next month.
- Celebrate our birthdays! It was an amazing weekend: hiking, Starbucks, presents, red velvet cake, and just spending time together.
- Drive. No fun at all. I actually drove three whole times– once to practice, once to Mass, and once to pick my husband up from the field. I made it, but I wasn’t a happy camper.
- Celebrate All-American week! It was a fun “festival” week and my baby and I enjoyed watching my husband play soccer in the tournament.
- Make a big, exciting, *scary,* important, wonderful change to my blog! That would be this right here–look at the URL above and you’ll see I finally own my domain–whoohoo!!
- Focus on getting smooth, radiant skin and healthy, shiny hair. I focused more on my skin then my hair (though I did try a few smootheners and I recently switched shampoo/conditioner brands). My skin has been reacting well to my new regime, but I had to tweak it a bit…more to come on that later!
That was everything that was on my list, and I got 7/8 done! That’s better than last month’s roundup, but I’m shooting for a perfect score next month. We shall see. You know me…
Some other things I enjoyed this month were: introducing my baby to the pool, planning our anniversary trip, watching the Twilight Saga movies, learning how to make homemade barbecue sauce…but best of all was hearing my baby say her first word: Mama. *heart melting* It’s going to be hard for June to top May, but it just might! Stay tuned for my June to-do list!!
What did you do this month?