In keeping with my current blog post theme this year–namely 2016 and resolutions, I thought I’d make some blog resolutions. I want to make them public because I’ve heard that helps with accountability (sometimes, haha, but when you’re phlegmatic like me, sometimes nothing can save you lol). But also, I want to make them public because they affect my readers and ultimately my blog.
1. Less might be more. I want to write less articles once my one-month challenge is up. Even though coming up with a daily post is a fun challenge, I want my articles to pack more punch and be even more thoughtful and well-constructed. I think that means keeping a draft around for a day or two, instead of hitting the ‘publish’ button minutes after writing a post.
2. Involve Pinterest. (Yes, Pinterest might be a totally cliche resolution considering Pinterest is probably the center of many 2016 dream projects. But I had to save myself with something predictable considering that my list of resolutions started out with doing less.haha) I want to involve Pinterest in my blog. Should I tell you how or should I let you wait and see?
3. Photos. I am not a photographer, but I really want to make a lot of photos happen on this blog. I love blogs with photos and so I need to make that a definite characteristic of my blog.
4. Improve my blog-writing skills. I’m an English major, so maybe you’d think I’d have the hang of this. But yeah, no. Writing a blog post is nothing like writing a paper, even though I make it sound like it. I get waaaaay too much on thesis-chapter-mode when I write and I overcomplicate my sentences with excess punctuation and clauses. I need to get a better grip on article-style writing. That’s feedback that I’ve personally received from an editor, and what I’ve noticed on my own blog thus far. At least I know what I don’t know…right?…or do I lose credit for recognizing that? haha
5. Increase readership. I know this is probably the goal of every blogger, but uhh…hey, can I join the ranks? 🙂 I’m grateful for every ‘click’ and page read! And any more I can earn this year would make me feel like my blog is that much brighter and fulfilling of a project.
I’m leaving it there for now! There are obviously many more things I can think of to improve my blog, and definitely things I want to accomplish with it. But I want to take this whole blog-thing slowly and enjoy the process without making it a major stress. So, baby steps. 🙂 Only 5 resolutions…but definitely some dreams in the back of my mind. So stay tuned for some improvements and fun!